Below are some of the best On-Page SEO tips for the landing pages in 2020!
7 Features that should be included in a good landing page for SEO
- Page Title
- Page Description
- Call to Action (CTA) buttons
- Include Services or Products offered
- Service or Products benefits
- Visual images and infographics
- Success stories
SEO Tips for writing content
Let’s also note that each landing page should have the below included in the features for best SEO results:
- Quality content that describes the business and/or product/s and/or service/s.
- Important to have a word count on the content which is a great and easy way to improve SEO.
- 300+ OK!
- 500+ Pretty Good!
- 900+ Awesome!
- 1200+ Hmm… when does this end… maybe it’s a good idea to split pages now.
- Ensure to have website structure, Start With H1, Paragraph, H2, Paragraph / H3 and so on. It helps to stay on point and help the reader to absorb the most important information as they can skip between heading and read what they need.
- Remembering is better with pictures as most of us have a photographic memory, a good idea to add some.
- Ensure to add ALT into pictures to help for accessibility for those with vision impairment, also Googlebots can’t see but they can read, so ensure that the image is descriptive in ALT which will help search engines to understand the image in detail. – About 125 characters is a sweets spot
If you can do all the above SEO tips on your landing page, you are already ahead of the competition!
1. Page Title SEO Tips for Landing Page
The below landing page image, it has a Title – which is targeted keyword phrase, if you type in Corporate Website Development in google search it’s in top 15.
Corporate Website Development keyword phrase was created 2 months ago and usually, it requires 3 -6 months for results like that to appear – in the next month with this rating improvement hopefully it will be on the first page.
To find the right keywords check the article on How to Pick SEO keywords.
2. Page Description SEO Tips for Landing Page
We got to give it a quick summary about the business, product or/and service with including the title phrase under the title with the most important information, this will briefly give the user an explanation of what the page is about.
Best to keep between 100 to 200 characters in here.
3. Call To Action (CTA) SEO tips for landing page
You’ve got to tell the user on what they should do next, in this example they will click “Get Started” button and pop up will appear with an online web design cost calculator, so the user can get an approximate cost of the website in less than 2 minutes, and at the end, the quote can be sent on to the user’s email.
Call to action can be ‘subscribe’ button if you are running a blog, it can have ‘about us’ button if want to increase brand awareness, or ‘get in touch’ button where they can contact you by phone, email or contact form.
You can have more Call To Action buttons trough out the website, a great idea to have CTA at the end of the page.
4. Include Services or Products
In here we can showcase some of the products and/or services with adding a quick summary and another Call To Action!
The user can find out more about the product or / service by clicking Learn More – possibly they find what they are looking for and find to research in further details.
5. Service or Product Benefits
This SEO tip for the landing page should be focused mostly on the business culture, and explain WHY to choose your business over another business.
6. Visual Images and Infographics
It’s becoming more and more popular to use infographics on the websites, and it’s due that they are easier and quicker to understand without having to read long articles.
In the below image you should get a quick snap of how the website development process works with an agile manifesto! Yes, that’s the agile WordPress development process summery in a picture!
It’s always great to show photos of the service or product in action! As this will put an imaginative cap for the user of how they would feel with having the ownership of that product or service, how their friends and family would think of them if they would own it.
If they get a great vibe, then it’s an easy sell!
And images will also improve SEO and don’t forget to include the alt.
7. Success Stories SEO tips for landing page
On the landing should also have success stories, this will help the user trust the business, product or service more, let the user celebrate the success with you!
Examples of success stories that can be added to the landing page are:
- Premium Partnerships
- How the business helped others
Here is an example of the powerful most recent success story on Accenture website.
Was this mostly focused on the user experience? Yes, it was.
A great SEO landing page should be focused on user experience, most of the google algorithms are based philosophically on how human behaves on the website, they’ve done tones of research with how people interact and engage with websites.
Simply, if the user will like the page then they are most likely to have a lower bounce rate, which then leads them to share the page with someone, or share it on the website or social media which is going to improve overall SEO.