Coming Soon page will not allow users of the internet to visit your website while you are working on it, this is great to stop users looking at your website while it’s not ready, you do have an option to put a customised holding page that they will only see while the work on the website is being carried out.
Coming Soon page also stops web crawlers to enter your website and indexing your unfinished website pages and posts to Google index or other search engines.
To activate ‘Coming Soon’ page in WordPress:
- Login to your website admin panel (eg. www.yourwebsite.ie/wp-admin)
- In the left menu hover over Plugins and click Add New
- In the search for Coming Soon Page
- Chose to Install Now beside Coming Soon Page by SeedProd
- Click Activate after it’s installed (This will not activate the coming soon page, this will only activate the plugin)
- Refresh your admin page
- Click SeedProd in the admin left menu
- Under general select Enable Coming Soon Page in Status
- You can edit Page Settings
- Add the bottom click Save All Changes
That’s it, we got the Coming Soon page activated.
When you are logged in and you go to your domain you’ll see the website as normal, but if you log out or go in with another browser where you are not logged to the admin panel you will see Coming Soon page.
To bypass the coming soon page, enter www.yourwebsite.ie/wp-admin and it will give you access to login to your website admin panel and website.